If your house ha flooded due to a broken pipe, natural disaster, or backed up drain, it is crucial to stopping the source of the water right away. Water damage can be devastating to your home and can cause thousands of dollars in damage. The longer the water sits, the higher the likelihood of mold damage. Mold remediation is crucial if your home starts showing signs of mold. Read on to learn more about all the damage mold can do.
The mold is one of the worst things that can happen to your home after a flood. If there is any moisture remaining in your home after the water has been dried, Mold can start to set in. Mold grows quickly and can set in as soon as 48 hours after the flood event.
Mold will quickly damage the structure of your home by eating it, and it is dangerous to your health. Mold gives off spores that you can breathe in, and these spores can damage your respiratory system and cause allergies and asthma.
If your home is infected with mold, you might have frequent sore throats and headaches. You might start finding it hard to breathe and develop asthma for the first time. If your immune system is compromised, the mold can even be deadly.
As the spores travel through the air, they infect more of the house, and the problem continues to grow. The mold is difficult to get rid of, and it is impossible to get rid of it on your own. If you try, it will just grow back. You need professional mold removers to get rid of the mold for good.
When you hire a professional, you will have to have the walls treated with fungicide and the technicians will make sure that all the mold is gone from your home. This can take some work, and it is a big job to get all the mold out of your home.
A good mold remediation company will make return visits to ensure that all the mold has been removed from the home, and they will test the air to make sure all the spores are gone. Even if you kill the mold in the walls, the spores can remain in the air, just waiting to touch down and reinfect your home. Mold is deadly, and you don’t want it anywhere in your home.