There are various types of assistance available for vulnerable people such as the elderly, disabled, those on benefits, people with young children etc:
* Repairs Assistance Scheme - an interest free loan of up to £6,000 for repairs to your home
* Home Appreciation Loan - a secured loan of up to £30,000 for major repairs and improvements to your home
NB: Both of the above are repayable on the future sale or transfer of your property.
* Home Maintenance Support Scheme (for over 60s/disabled living in Craven) including:
- Home Repair Advice
- Handyperson Scheme
- Technical Support
- Security Advice
* Disabled Facilities Grant - for adaptations to your home
If you are interested in finding out more about any of the above schemes or know someone who would then please let the Craven District Council Strategic Housing team know by telephone or email: details above.
* Also Energy Efficiency Grants - administered by the Energy Efficiency Advice Centre. Tel: 0800 512 012